Storage benchmarking and tuning depends upon several parameters like file systems, kernel parameters, RAID configuration, network parameters, etc. This page aims to provide benchmarking tools and procedures for LCG Storage Element, as well as some results for particular hardware solutions.
The XIO software developed at CC-IN2P3 have been used to bench the storage. A presentation of this tool has been given in this talk. Now it is advised to move to FIO with a set of agreed parameters (work in progress).
- Describe the hardware
- Indicate filesystem options (at filesystem creation and mount options)
- Indicate System parameters regarding I/O
- Execute each test 3 times, report the average and standard deviation
- For each test report FIO parameters
- Publish your result (format to be defined) with date and person to contact