Bienvenue sur la page Atlas SC4 LCG-France
Welcome to the LCG-France Atlas SC4 page
- T0 Role(CERN)
- Produce dummy files with 1 to 2 GB size(RAW, ESD et AOD) (see T0 Twiki)
- Initiate T0->T1 transfers
- FTS server sents files to Lyon choosing between 'TAPE' (RAW 43,2 Mo/s) or 'DISK' (ESD,AOD 23+20 Mo/s) areas
- T1 Role (CCIN2P3)
- Get files from T0 (dedicated dcache area: L. Schwarz)
- Provides LFC (lfc-atlas.in2p3.fr) and FTS service (cclcgftsli01.in2p3.fr) (D. Bouvet)
- Send all AODs to each T2 (20 Mo/s) using Lyon FTS server
- Regurlarly cleanup files
- T2 Role (BEIJING, LAL, LAPP, LPC, LPNHE, SACLAY, TOKYO)
- Get files from T1 (Lyon)
- Clean-up the files (?)
- Other roles
- ATLAS (S. Jézéquel) : Initiate T1->T2 transfers
Information from DDM monitoring
Information from FTS monitoring
- 20 June 2006: Mail from Miguel Branco (DDM responsible)
Today we started deploying DQ2 on the remaining T1 sites (not all
sites still available).
Attached is the result of a (nice) ramp up, easily beating SC3's record (on the 1st day of export of SC4) peaking at ~ 270 MB/s. Each 'step' in the graph is an additional T1 being added to the export.
Dataset subscriptions are now slowing down and will resume tomorrow. Our DQ2 monitoring has been turned off and we expect to have it back tomorrow! Still a long way to go until we have a reasonable understanding of the limiting factors..
- 22 June: General power cut at CERN at 2:pm.
- 24 June : Dataset T0.D.run000949.ESD transfered from Lyon to LAL and TOKYO. Tranfering the same dataset to LAPP and LPC failed because these sites have same domain name (*.in2p3.fr) as Lyon.
- 25 June : Almost no transfer from CERN to T1s during the week-end.
- 26 June : SC4 transfers restarted with working DDM monitoring