T0-T1 transfer tests (week1)
T1-T1 transfer tests (week2)
Some summaries presented at ADC Operations Meeting http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=33976
T0-T1-T2 transfer tests (week3)
The T0 load generator will run at "peak" rate for 3 days ("peak" rate means data from 24h/day of detector data taking at 200Hz are distributed in 24h, while "nominal" rate means data from 14 hours/day of detector data taking at 200Hz are distributed in 24h).
At peak rate 17,280,000 events/day are produced, corresponding to 27.6 TB/day of RAW, 17.3 TB/day of ESD and 3.5 TB/day of AOD (considering the sizes of 1.6 MB/event for RAW, 1.0 MB/event for ESD and 0.2 MB/event for AOD)
- monitoring page
data replication from CERN to Tier-1s http://panda.atlascomp.org/?mode=listFunctionalTests
data replication within clouds http://panda.atlascomp.org/?mode=listFunctionalTests&testType=T1toT2s
- Summaries / Reports
Shipping continuously data to T1s according to computing model, sites should demonstrate to sustain for 3 days the following export rates
|IN2P3||48.00 MB/s||100.00 MB/s||148.00 MB/s|
Metric for success: Sites should be capable of sustaining 90% of the mentioned rates (for both disk and tape) for at least 2 days of test. For sites who would like to test higher throughput, we can oversubscribe (both to disk and tape).
As a reminder, here the table of the necessary space needed at each T1
|IN2P3||12.4416 TB||25.92 TB|
replication status is checked ~ every 2h http://pandamon.usatlas.bnl.gov:25880/server/pandamon/query?mode=listFunctionalTests
T2s will receive AODs, which should be generated at a rate of 3.5TB/day. The amount that each site receives depends on the share
- IN2P3-LAPP_DATADISK : 12%
- IN2P3-CPPM_DATADISK : 5%
- IN2P3-LPSC_DATADISK : 5 %
- IN2P3-LPC_DATADISK : 13%
- GRIF-LAL_DATADISK : 30% (grid.admin a lal.in2p3.fr)
- GRIF-LPNHE_DATADISK : 15%
- GRIF-SACLAY_DATADISK : 20 %
- BEIJING-LCG2_DATADISK : 20 % (yanxf a ihep.ac.cn, Erming.Pei a cern.ch)
- RO-07-NIPNE_DATADISK : 10% (ciubancan a nipne.ro)
- RO-02-NIPNE_DATADISK : 10% (tpreda a nipne.ro)
- TOKYO-LCG2_DATADISK : 50% (lcg-admin a icepp.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
The shares are decided rather arbitrary according to the free space in ATLASDATADISK. These numers can be raised at a later stage of the test, but at first we would like to be sure everythinig goes well with this rate.
The shares were increased around 2008-05-24 00:00 (CET)
* IN2P3-LAPP_DATADISK : 25% * IN2P3-CPPM_DATADISK : 5% * IN2P3-LPSC_DATADISK : 5 % * IN2P3-LPC_DATADISK : 25% * BEIJING-LCG2_DATADISK : 20 % * RO-07-NIPNE_DATADISK : 10% * RO-02-NIPNE_DATADISK : 10% * GRIF-LAL_DATADISK : 45% * GRIF-LPNHE_DATADISK : 25% * GRIF-SACLAY_DATADISK : 30 % * TOKYO-LCG2_DATADISK : 100%
Datasets are subscribed from parent Tier-1s ~ every 4h
replication status is checked ~ every 2h http://pandamon.usatlas.bnl.gov:25880/server/pandamon/query?mode=listFunctionalTests&testType=T1toT2s
Lyon FTS monitor: http://cctoolsafs.in2p3.fr/fts/monitoring/prod/ftsmonitor.php?vo=atlas
- 24 May 14h00
Since 11h10-20, T0 exports are resumed, still with some errors but much less. the overall rate (T0-T1 but to Lyon) went over 1000MB/s, and sustained >900MB/s untill 12h10. then started decreasing. likely T0 load generation has stopped.
- 24 May 07h30
[FTS] FTS State [Failed] FTS Retries  Reason [SOURCE error during PREPARATION phase: [GENERAL_FAILURE] Error caught in srm::getSrmUser.Error creating statement, Oracle code: 18ORA-00018: maximum number of sessions exceeded] Source Host [srm-atlas.cern.ch]
In fact, it may not be down, but just too busy with too many accesses. Seems to have recovered 07h50. But down again? 08h30.
- 24 May 00h14
Stephane noticed the new shares had been applied. It seems the subscriptions are made taking all the ccrc08_run2 data into account, not only from now on. That is, we will get much more data and rate than is expected from the shares.
Most of the errors are for IN2P3-CC_DATADISK (305: can't see the cause on dashb), IN2P3-CC_DATATAPE (168: can't see the cause on dashb), IN2P3-CC_MCDISK (80: source error at bnl), RO-02-NIPNE_DATADISK (33: TRANSFER_TIMEOUT, PERMISSION)
- 23 May 20h00
many failures to IN2P3-CC_MCDISK. with
Source Host [dcsrm.usatlas.bnl.gov].
now that T0-LYON transfers are also on production dashb, such errors are not nice in monitoring the ccrc transfers. GGUS-Ticket 36755 has been created.
- 23 May 08h20
Beijing has started working since 01:44, although with a number of errors until 07:43.
[FTS] FTS State [Failed] FTS Retries  Reason [TRANSFER error during TRANSFER phase: [TRANSFER_TIMEOUT] gridftp_copy_wait: Connection timed out] Source Host [ccsrm.in2p3.fr]
after the last error at 07:43, transfers seem going well.
RO-02-NIPNE_DATADISK also working from time to time. still with many errors
- There was a network problem for Romanian national Internet provider RoEdu from 6:30 to 10 GMT, according to Titi and Mihai.
- 22 May 22h50
Transfers to RO-02-NIPNE_DATADISK have been failing. GGUS-Ticket 36728 has been created.
Otherwise, transfers are going well except for BEIJING.
- 22 May 14h50
One file assigned to CPPM has a source problem;
Received error message: SOURCE error during PREPARATION phase: [REQUEST_TIMEOUT] failed to prepare source file in 180 seconds
GGUS-Ticket 36709 has been created. https://gus.fzk.de/pages/ticket_details.php?ticket=36709
- 22 May 14h20
the T0->LYON export was migrated from T0 VOBOX to LYON VOBOX. Transfers T0->LYON should be monitored with the Production dashboard http://dashb-atlas-data.cern.ch/dashboard/request.py/site?name=LYON
- 22 May 13h05
Titi: Unfortunately there was an unscheduled network breakdown in our institute started from about 6:30 to 10 GMT.
- 22 May 12h40
Stephane switched back the certificate from Kors' certificate to Mario's.
- 22 May 10h29
starting 09:21:35, there are errors in transfers to RO-07-NIPNE_DATADISK in dashb.
[FTS] FTS State [Failed] FTS Retries  Reason [DESTINATION error during PREPARATION phase: [CONNECTION] failed to contact on remote SRM [httpg://tbit00.nipne.ro:8446/srm/managerv2]. Givin' up after 3 tries] Source Host [ccsrm.in2p3.fr]
GGUS-Ticket 36698 created
24 May 2008 11:35, Mihai: Sorry for this problem.But this was happening because of a problem occurred to our national Internet provider RoEdu.
- 22 May 09h40
According to Alexei, cron job for subscription to T2s does not run frequently during the night. That is why.
- 22 May 09h00
transfers T1-T2 resumed since 8h30. reaching 900MB/s in total.
numbers of assigned datasets to sites look better now.
Killed a MC data subscription to RO-07-NIPNE_MCDISK.
- 22 May 08h00
T0-T1 transfers are proceeding, No T1-T2 transfers to DATADISK since last night.
according to dq2.log, new subscriptions today (since 5.22 00:00) are queued only to BEIJING and RO-02-NIPNE, resulting in errors.
the status table does not look nice, I will check. http://panda.atlascomp.org/?mode=listFunctionalTests&testType=T1toT2s#LYON
apparently, no subscription to LAPP, CPPM, LPSC. TOKYO and LAL, who are assigned larger shares, have less subscriptions.
- Throughput all T0-T1
- Throughtput T0-LYON
- Throughput LYON-T2
- 21 May 23h30
There are many errors in transfers to NIPNE02
DESTINATION error during PREPARATION phase: [PERMISSION]
- 21 May 22h30
Stephane found a temporary solution for the LFC problem. It does not accept Mario's certificate, but does Kors' (thus no problem in T0-T1 transfers).
- 1 file ccrc08_run2.016730.physics_E.merge.AOD.o0_r0_t0._0001 to BEIJING done. http://dashb-atlas-data.cern.ch/dashboard/request.py/file-placement?site=BEIJING-LCG2_DATADISK&guid=45e816b9-82aa-434c-99f7-eb2ff3f7f9c9
- 9 datasets transferred to LPNHE http://dashb-atlas-data.cern.ch/dashboard/request.py/dataset?site=GRIF-LPNHE_DATADISK
- 9 datasets transferred to Saclay http://dashb-atlas-data.cern.ch/dashboard/request.py/dataset?site=GRIF-SACLAY_DATADISK
- no transfers to CPPM
- no transfers to LAPP
- 1 dataset ccrc08_run2.016733.physics_E.merge.AOD.o0_r0_t0 completed to LPC http://dashb-atlas-data.cern.ch/dashboard/request.py/dataset?site=IN2P3-LPC_DATADISK
- 2 datasets to RO-02-NIPNE_DATADISK in queue http://dashb-atlas-data.cern.ch/dashboard/request.py/dataset?site=RO-02-NIPNE_DATADISK
- 6 datasets to RO-07-NIPNE_DATADISK completed http://dashb-atlas-data.cern.ch/dashboard/request.py/dataset?site=RO-07-NIPNE_DATADISK
- no transfer to Tokyo after the very first one http://dashb-atlas-data.cern.ch/dashboard/request.py/dataset?site=TOKYO-LCG2_DATADISK
the dashb graphs show these transfers as of 19:xx (transfers done at 19:xx = 17:xx UTC, and registration done at around 22:30)
- 21 May 20h20
dashb shows transfers, which seem to be successful but with many registration errors, in the table (not in the graph). Looking into the details, file states are 'ATTEMPT_DONE' with 'HOLD_FAILED_REGISTRATION'
- 1 file ccrc08_run2.016730.physics_E.merge.AOD.o0_r0_t0._0001 has been transferred to BEIJING at 17:40:07 (submit time 17:34:04), all the other transfers failed with
globus_gass_copy_register_url_to_url: Connection timed outhttp://cctoolsafs.in2p3.fr/fts/monitoring/prod/ftsjob.php?jobid=1beaf3f7-275c-11dd-a6af-d4b2876399e2
- 15 files transferred to IRFU at 17:35-17:46 (submit time 17:34:59) http://cctoolsafs.in2p3.fr/fts/monitoring/prod/ftsjob.php?jobid=3c5f360b-275c-11dd-a6af-d4b2876399e2
- 2 files transferred to IRFU at 17:33 (submit time 17:32:56) http://cctoolsafs.in2p3.fr/fts/monitoring/prod/ftsjob.php?jobid=f2d33d11-275b-11dd-a6af-d4b2876399e2
- 1 file ccrc08_run2.016733.physics_E.merge.AOD.o0_r0_t0._0001 has been transferred to IN2P3-LPC at 17:33 (submit time 17:32) http://cctoolsafs.in2p3.fr/fts/monitoring/prod/ftsjob.php?jobid=f41f6c22-275b-11dd-a6af-d4b2876399e2
- 2 files transferred to IN2P3-LPNHE at 17:33 (submit time 17:32) http://cctoolsafs.in2p3.fr/fts/monitoring/prod/ftsjob.php?jobid=f28bfae0-275b-11dd-a6af-d4b2876399e2
- 17 files transferred to IN2P3-LPNHE at 17:35-17:41 (submit time 17:34)
- all transfers to RO-02-NIPNE ATLASDATADISK are failing
TRANSFER error during TRANSFER phase: [PERMISSION] the server sent an error response: 550 550 rfio write failure: Permission denied.
TRANSFER error during TRANSFER phase: [TRANSFER_TIMEOUT] gridftp_copy_wait: Connection timed out
TRANSFER error during TRANSFER phase: [GRIDFTP] the server sent an error response: 426 426 Transfer aborted (Unexpected Exception : java.io.IOException: Broken pipe)
DESTINATION error during PREPARATION phase: [PERMISSION]http://cctoolsafs.in2p3.fr/fts/monitoring/prod/ftschannel.php?channel=IN2P3-NIPNE02&vo=atlas
- 10 files transferred to NIPNE07 at 17:44-18:02 (submit time 17:35) http://cctoolsafs.in2p3.fr/fts/monitoring/prod/ftsjob.php?jobid=53b15d6f-275c-11dd-a6af-d4b2876399e2
- 2 files transferred to NIPNE07 at 17:33 (submit time 17:33) http://cctoolsafs.in2p3.fr/fts/monitoring/prod/ftsjob.php?jobid=0bb83976-275c-11dd-a6af-d4b2876399e2
- 3 files transferred to TOKYO at 13:00 (submit time 13:00) http://cctoolsafs.in2p3.fr/fts/monitoring/prod/ftsjob.php?jobid=eae79bb0-2735-11dd-a6af-d4b2876399e2
the time on ftsmonitor is UTC.
- 21 May 19h30
Finally 19 more subscriptions appeared in the dq2.log.
- ccrc08_run2.016731.physics_D.merge.AOD.o0_r0_t0 (2 files) to BEIJING-LCG2_DATADISK and GRIF-SACLAY_DATADISK
- ccrc08_run2.016730.physics_B.merge.AOD.o0_r0_t0 (2 files) to BEIJING-LCG2_DATADISK and GRIF-SACLAY_DATADISK
- ccrc08_run2.016730.physics_D.merge.AOD.o0_r0_t0 (2 files) to BEIJING-LCG2_DATADISK and GRIF-SACLAY_DATADISK
and so on.
In the dq2.log, the files got FileTransferring, VALIDATED, FileCopied, but then, there are errors
FileTransferErrorMessage : reason = [FTS] FTS State [Failed] FTS Retries  Reason [TRANSFER error during TRANSFER phase: [TRANSFER_TIMEOUT] globus_gass_copy_register_url_to_url: Connection timed out] FileRegisterErrorMessage : reason = LFC exception [Cannot connect to LFC [lfc://lfc-prod.in2p3.fr:/grid/atlas]]
- 21 May 18h20
Around 17h30 transfers resumed. Rate for 17h40-18h20: IN2P3-CC_DATADISK: 158 MB/s, IN2P3-CC_DATATAPE: 37 MB/s
no subscriptions/transfers T1-T2 since the very first dataset ccrc08_run2.016731.physics_A.merge.AOD.o0_r0_t0 (vuid = 6403bd5a-5a71-4732-9a0a-b22b56aef106) to GRIF-LAL_DATADISK and TOKYO-LCG2_DATADISK. Transfers to Tokyo has finished. LAL is still Inactive.
21 May 16h40
Since around 16:40 T0-T1 transfers stopped. There are many errors.
SOURCE error during PREPARATION phase: [GENERAL_FAILURE] Error caught in srm::getSrmUser.Error creating statement, Oracle code: 12537ORA-12537: TNS:connection closed] Source Host [srm-atlas.cern.ch]
21 May 13h30
T0-T1 Transfers started at around 13h30. The overall throughput from T0 is over 1000MB/s. Lyon is receiving its share at 100-200 MB/s (verying with time). the average rate is about 40MB/s to IN2P3-CC_DATADISK and 140MB/s to IN2P3-CC_DATATAPE according to dashb http://dashb-atlas-data-tier0.cern.ch/dashboard/request.py/site?name=LYON.
T1-T2 Transfers started at around 15h10. http://lcg2.in2p3.fr/wiki/images/20080521-1530-LYONT2.throughput.14400.png
- from dq2.log:
- 2008-05-21 15:00: SubscriptionQueued for dataset ccrc08_run2.016731.physics_A.merge.AOD.o0_r0_t0 (vuid = 6403bd5a-5a71-4732-9a0a-b22b56aef106) to GRIF-LAL_DATADISK and TOKYO-LCG2_DATADISK
- 2008-05-21 15:00: FileTransferring: 3 files of the dataset ccrc08_run2.016731.physics_A.merge.AOD.o0_r0_t0 (fsize = 3600000000 each) for both TOKYO-LCG2_DATADISK and GRIF-LAL_DATADISK
- 2008-05-21 15:03: VALIDATED: 3 files of dataset ccrc08_run2.016731.physics_A.merge.AOD.o0_r0_t0 at srm://lcg-se01.icepp.jp
- 2008-05-21 15:03: FileCopied: 3 files of dataset ccrc08_run2.016731.physics_A.merge.AOD.o0_r0_t0 at TOKYO-LCG2_DATADISK
- 2008-05-21 15:03: FileDone: 3 files of dataset ccrc08_run2.016731.physics_A.merge.AOD.o0_r0_t0 at TOKYO-LCG2_DATADISK
- 2008-05-21 15:05: SubscriptionComplete: vuid = 6403bd5a-5a71-4732-9a0a-b22b56aef106 : site = TOKYO-LCG2_DATADISK : dsn = ccrc08_run2.016731.physics_A.merge.AOD.o0_r0_t0 : version = 1
- FTS channels for LAL are 'Inactive' for 'Pb clim LAL'
T0-T1-T2 + T1-T1 transfer tests (week4)
ADC Oper 22 May (slide 8 - 10) http://indico.cern.ch/materialDisplay.py?contribId=3&materialId=slides&confId=34556
Datasets are subscribed to T1s from partner Tier-1s ~ every 2h
Datasets are subscribed to T2s from parent Tier-1s ~ every 4h